Thursday, March 28, 2013

Good Friday's Eve

Today was my 2nd day on the job at Wee Care Learning Center in Festus, Missouri.  I am really enjoying the job.  The kids are great and my lead teacher has an amazing sense of what kids want, need, and like.  Her classroom is a utopian lounge for kids in grades 1-5.  At 13 though, they must move on.  I wonder just how many child care centers even let kids age 13 and up use their facilities.  I imagine that number is really small.  When I was a kid, I resented being left home alone with my brothers.  I probably would have hated having a babysitter or a daycare center back then, but right now, with my hindsight, I think it would have been so much better for me. 

I did not work out today.  The bottom of my heels hurt.  Am I getting plantar fasciaitis?  I hope not.  I think I just really need new shoes.  Uuugh. 

I started the day at McDonald's eating terribly and making resumes and job postings for application.  It is already 10 pm.  Hmmmm.  Gotta be at work at 8:30 tomorrow then I am "considering" my first solo road trip.  I would like to visit Nashville or Memphis, but is a 2 night stay really worth it?  Yes, if I have fun and don't go broke.  I know God will go with me.  He always does.

No comments: